Let it Go! Let it Go!
Everyone’s singing my theme song these days — Let it Go! It’s from the Disney movie, Frozen, and that’s exactly what happens when people are buried in stuff they no longer use or need: they become frozen in time. If you – or someone you know – needs help letting go here are some questions to help you get started. And of course, you can always call me.
1. When was the last time I used this?
If you haven’t used it for a year, you can probably let it go.
2. When might I need it again?
Don’t know? Let it go!
3. Do I have another one like it?
How many of the same thing do you really need? Keep one. Let the duplicates go.
4. Would someone else appreciate this more?
There’s probably someone else who could really use whatever it is.
(And if no one wants it, why is it so important to you?)
5. Is there something better I could use with the extra money/space/time
I’d have if I weren’t holding on to this?
When you think of it that way, letting go is a lot easier!
6. Am I holding on to it for sentimental value?
See what The Minimalists have to say about that: