We organize, mediate, coordinate and decorate
Some people hire us to manage every downsizing detail. Others just want some help here and there. How you'd like to use us, and how much, is completely up to you. Here is a short list of some of the ways we can help. You can see a more extensive list on our Moving Prep Checklist. If something you need help with isn't listed there, just ask!
- Decide what goes where, and get it there
- Box things up and put them away
- Organize closets, drawers, cabinets
- Act as an intermediary between parents and kids, husband and wife, or siblings
- Communicate with all parties involved in making moving decisions
- Create and manage moving schedules
- Supervise workpeople
- Prepare the old house for sale
- Ensure the new house is move-in ready
- Plan and design your new interiors
- Make the new house feel as comfortable and familiar as your old one
- Choose paint colors and window treatments
- Arrange furniture and hang pictures
If it's related to moving, we can help. If we can't help, we'll find someone who can. The most important thing for you to know is: We'll be there.
"I learned a lot working with Maria. She gave me a lot of ideas I'd never think of myself… how to arrange my clothes … how to fold towels. They're little things, but now everything is so neat and organized, I feel much more relaxed!"
"At age 94, after 22 years in a 2-bedroom apartment, I felt the need to downsize to a 1-bedroom. My lucky day occurred when I was referred to Maria Quinby of On The Move. The trauma of giving up years of accumulations and treasured items was overwhelming. She handled my move with great professionalism, efficiency, patience and kindness. She was able to help me keep enough of my possessions and arrange them in such a way that I feel right at home. I could never have made this move by myself—I highly recommend her."